Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life-day to day

Reading "Purplicious"
"Take our picture Daddy!"

Bathy time! (Note: removed photo after seeing a news clip about a family in AZ having their kids taken away by CPS for printing bathtime photos of their small girls! Crazy!)

So, the past two weeks have been difficult. The day after we returned from our trip to LA, Lucia and Julio got sick. It dragged on with fever, cough, fatigue, sore throat, congestion...to vertigo and vomiting for Julio...for nearly two weeks! Lucia missed 6 days of school all together. Julio missed 4 days of work. Sylvie, Marco and I were spared the brunt of it, but were still sick. We did have Lucia tested and the official lab results were-SWINE FLU! Just glad we survived it.



This week I was able to go to Book Club and a baby shower-nice to be with other women- looked at more houses, caught up on shopping and laundry, did a little bit of cleaning-have lots more to do- went to the library, went to the park, taught Relief Society today at church, and had a yummy enchilada dinner at Mom and Dad's.



Now on to another busy week. Driving Lucia to school twice a day is a challenge-wish I had someone to carpool with, but don't. Waiting to hear on yet another offer on a house-could it be lucky number 10? We will find out. Julio did find out we can get our $8,000 tax credit now! So we will try for that week. I guess that's all for now. Here are some pics of the kids-they are getting so big!

5 comments:

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

Brian says he gets lots of positive results for swine flu, and it is pretty serious, though most people still think of it as a joke. I'm really glad they both got through it okay!

I wish Lucia and ME went to the same school. I need a carpool buddy, too!

Trieste said...

Glad you guys survived it! As I was reading, I was thinking it was the swine flu when it was lasting so long, just to read that it was. I had it in June and it was not fun at all! I love the picture of all your kids...so cute!

Serena Potter said...

I too am glad you all survived. Did you get it? I thought you had to be quarantined for two weeks. Amazed they let Julio go back to work so soon...

How was your Dad's birthday. I missed that too!-

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

Oh my goodness we just went through that! Nick and I were sooooo sick. Luckily the boys didn't get it very bad. Glad to hear you're better! What school is Lucia going too?

Nicole Hernandez said...

Lucia goes to Garfield.