Sunday, July 19, 2009

Santa Cruz Camping-Friday, July 10th
















So after our first night camping as a family, we were exhausted! The airmattresses deflated, we were cold and Sylvie screamed most of the night. We had a busy day planned, so after a yummy cooked breakfast we headed to the Santa Cruz Beach Board Walk. We let the kids go on some rides. Lucia loved the mini-rollercoaster and the log ride. Marco doesn't really enjoy rides unless they are really slow-like the train. The adults got to do the old rickety rollercoaster built in the 1920's. I screamed through the whole thing! My stomach can't handle those things anymore! I'm getting old. After the rides, we grabbed some delicious garlic fries and headed to the beach for our picnic. The kids just loved the beach! They immediately ran into the freezing water and played for a long time. Sylvie got really sandy and messy and kept eating the sand! It was so much fun though!





After the beach we headed back to camp for showers and then went to town for dinner to celebrate Tami's birthday. We had some good Mexican food and found out Sylvie loves black beans. Unfortunately we paid for it that night when she had a bad bout of gas. We then went back to camp and had brownies and ice cream and watched Tami open her gifts. It was a really fun day.





4 comments:

The Hills... said...

Well, it looks like we really missed out. Glad you had fun, those kiddies are looking so big!!

Tami said...

What a trip! You guys were troopers- I know you really aren't campers, but it was fun having you there! It is so quiet being back home. We miss you all already! Did you put your pictures on a shutterfly account? Looks like you got some good ones!

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm officially commenting so as not to incur your wrath! ;-)

I miss my old Pacific Grove home, so I'm jealous you guys went to Santa Cruz. Looks like fun. However, I do enjoy going to North Carolina beaches and having WARM water to swim in for once! (Although, it's weird to see the sun come up over the water rather than set over the water.)

Michele said...

Hello! What a fun summer you are having. I haven't been in touch with anyone for months (computer problems.) Sylvia is beautiful and growing up. It's hard camping with babies. I remember camping with Elias about that age and I sat in a dark tent most of the night freezing my nipples off because he wanted to nurse all night! Hahaha. For some reason we haven't been camping since. :)