Monday, January 7, 2008

Interesting weekend

We had a huge storm this weekend-fallen trees, fences, car accidents, lost power. We lost power for a couple of hours on Friday. Julio's building at work lost power too and was sent home. It took him an hour and a half to get home because trees had fallen on the train track. Some people in our ward still don't have power. Anyway, it made us think of our emergency preparedness, and we're not very prepared. We are all electric in our house and so I couldn't make anything except PB&J for lunch. So get ready everyone-just in case!

5 comments:

The Hills... said...

Brian is so sad he missed it! :) He's wierd...I know.

Michele said...

I love weather- it can be so exciting. One of our best gifts this year - my parents sent us a big duffel bag with a bunch of emergency stuff, gas stove, water purifier, camping food. It's great!

Potters said...

Monday we spent family home evening gathering items to put in our emergency bag - clothing, power bars etc. I had made digital images of our personal papers - birth certs, etc. for April's book last summer, so put them all on a disk, with pictures of our house - for insurance. Anyhow, it was a start!

Nicole Hernandez said...

We got 72 hour kits last year, but we need to rotate the food out. I think in an emergency, a camping stove would be great! Also, can't forget to always have cell phones charged and lots of batteries around.

Michele said...

Sounds exciteing and scary.I hope no one was hurt.

Hugs and kisses,
Addison